When it comes to betting on sports, knowing the rules of the game and doing the research to better understand the game is a skill that needs to be developed across the board. Sports such as cricket that have different tournaments and formats require additional attention to detail when it comes to placing bets as confusing the different implications could have disastrous results.
Understanding cricket tournaments and formats
Cricket is one of the sports that offer some of the best possible trading opportunities. The sport is widely televised to a diverse range of markets and involves too many components that can affect the outcome of matches and innings. By understanding this, you will be able to use it to your advantage.
Let’s start by looking at the five main formats:
- Five-day Test matches: As the name implies, the series lasts up to five matches. International teams play in these matches.
- Four-day matches: These are between English countries and follow the same principles as the five-day test matches.
- Fifty over per side: This involves international teams and forms part of a series of matches as well as multi-team tournaments such as the World Cup.
- Forty over per side: This is between English countries that are competing for the CB40 Trophy. It follows the same principles as fifty over per side matches when it comes to betting and trading.
- Twenty overs per side: This is the more popular version that is followed across the globe. Many countries have their own leagues in this.
When it comes to betting on these formats, common markets include completed match, match winner, test match end, top team batsman, session runs and total runs.
Top 3 Tips For Betting On Cricket
- Get to know the players on each team: Understanding how players perform in various formats, as well as their skillset, will help you determine what to bet on. Look at past game stats and performance to give you an idea of what each team and their players are capable of.
- Understand the pitch and its conditions: As the game progresses, the pitch will in most cases deteriorate and affect the match. It’s also important to know the extent to which it will impact the game and plan your bets accordingly.
- Check the weather: Weather conditions will determine whether a match will be able to go ahead. Certain weather conditions will work in the favour of certain players, making it an important factor to consider.
Take The Time To Understand The Complexities
Cricket has many variables that you need to understand to be able to follow the various formats, however, this also means that there are a lot more options to bet on. Knowing how each player performs will make selecting an option or two easier, give you a competitive and hopefully earn major rewards.